Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nine days and counting...

"[Donald Rumsfeld is] the only man in America who knows where the bodies are buried in the Pentagon," House Majority Leader John Boehner said Sunday morning during an interview by George Stephanopolis on ABC's This Week. Boehner (R-Ohio) was touting the current secretary of defense as the only man experienced enough to get this country through the Iraq crisis.
As the number of the Pentagon's foot soldiers' bodies in Iraq tips the 100 mark this month, Boehner's words were hard to hear. I can't imagine how callous I'd have to be to have them trip over my tongue so glibly. Nor how arrogant I'd have to be to say them nine days before this midterm election.
For the life of me (wincing even there) I can't think of anything to say to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home