Monday, November 06, 2006

Doogie and Still Looking for the ERA

Doogie Howser, Neil Patrick Harris, is gay. From the crawl on CNN. Big whoop. I’m still convinced that a lot of the movement is just a way for white Anglo Saxon males to gain minority status.

Before you comment, two things.

One, I have never factored anyone’s sex life – except my husband’s – in friendships. I take love where I find it, as should everyone else. The best friend I ever had, Atlanta Municipal (Traffic Court) and TICA international cat show judge Larry Paul, broke my heart when he died way too young a few years ago.

Two, as a female, I belong to the minority group with the majority number that has been fighting and yearning for equal status since the Romans kicked the Druids' asses a very long time ago.

When it comes to the power elite, still overwhelmingly male, my experience has been men choose gay men for power a lot easier than any type woman.

So, get over yourselves. Fight for your legal rights. I'll help. But don’t forget mine in the process. I 'm still smarting over the ERA.

Okay, comment away. I’m not countering any of them.

BTW, this in no way changes the fact that The Christmas Wish is still one of my all-time favorite movies this time of the year. But they may want to remake it with an eye to changing that Naomi Watts romantic lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home